[Biojava-l] problem running demos from the biojava-live dir ...

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:15:13 +0100

Hi...

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 08:58:02PM -0700, sarathchandra wrote:

>  [sarath@localhost symbol]$ java -version
>   Kaffe virtual Machine
>   copyright (c) 1996-2000
>   Transvirtual Technologies,Inc.All rights reserved
>   Engine: Just-in-time V3 version:1.0.6 Java
> version:1.1

Kaffe isn't a compliant implementation of the Java 2
Standard Edition platform, which means that unfortunately
BioJava is fairly unlikely to work correctly.

If you want to use BioJava under Linux (which I do daily),
I'd recommend downloading the JDK1.3 releases available
from either Sun, Blackdown.org, or IBM.  All of these should
work well.

>   Now coming to my windows environment i tried running
> the same way as you have setup . Here is how my
> environment looks like but still the problem is a
> single exception in main appears irrespective of the
> program i run
>  C:\biojava\biojava-live\demos\>java -version
>  java version "1.3.0"
>  Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, standard Edition
> (build 1.3.0-c)
>   Java Hotspot(TM) client VM(build 1.3.0.c,mixed mode)
>  C:\biojava\biojava-live\demos>javac
> seq\GCContent.java
>  C:\biojava\biojava-live\demos>java seq.GCContent
>  Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoclassDefFounderError : seq\GCContent
>  C:\biojava\biojava-live\demos>java seq.GCContent
> AL121903.genbank
>  Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoclassDefFounderError : seq\GCContent

Could you show me your CLASSPATH under windows?  That
looks to me like you don't have '.' on the current directory.

Remember that under Windows, CLASSPATH entries must be
separated by semicolons (';'), rather than colons (':').

   Thomas.