[Biojava-l] Introduction

Christopher Pickslay chrispix@bigfoot.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:33:50 -0700

I've just signed up for this list, and thought I should introduce myself.
My name's Christopher Pickslay, and I'm a web application developer who's
trying to move from educational software development to bioinformatics. I
don't have a biology degree, but I've been doing independent study in
molecular biology and genetics, and am starting the Bioinformatics
Certificate program this semester at UC Santa Cruz Extension.

I haven't actively participated in any open source development as yet, but
I have defined frameworks in object-oriented Perl and Java in my last 2
jobs, and I worked on the Schools Interoperability Framework, a
specification for XML data interchange between education-related applications.

I'm interested in contributing to the further development and extension of
the biojava framework and/or implementations. If there are particular areas
of development that are in need of work, or anyone could use help on
something they're working on, drop me a line at chrispix@bigfoot.com, and
I'll see what I can do.

Christopher Pickslay