[Biojava-l] Re: Splice Variants

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:11:24 +0100

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 07:29:53PM +0100, Matthew Pocock wrote:
> Hi Ranjan,
>
> These interfaces were my fault. I went ahead and wrote them all one day
> after there had been some discussion on the list. The embl/genbank
> parsers don't construct these objects. I don't know if the ensembl
> bridge does either. Thomas?

Yes, we do use them in Ensembl -- or at least, Exons,
SpliceVariants, and Translations (but not the others at
the moment).  They work quite nicely, but realistically
we do need some more documentation, plus the filters to
construct them intelligently given data from files/das/
corba/wherever.

Hmmmm.

  Thomas.