[Biojava-l] java or perl?

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:47:36 +0100

Hi Dave,

java/perl is a horses-for-courses argument (with a bit of religeos
warfare thrown in for good measure). The package biojava-acedb countains
an implementation of the acedb socket client. It also has an in-memory
representation of acedb objects within Java. lastly, there is a package
(that I am currently debugging) that makes these objects look like
BioJava sequences, features and annotaions. Lincon Stein has a package
called Jade that is a java client to the old RMI ace server. You have
probably already seen Lincon's aceperl modules.

Good luck.

Matthew