[Biojava-l] Re: biojava build failed

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:02:28 +0100

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 04:56:48PM +0100, Arnaud Kerhornou wrote:

> compile:
>     [javac] Modern compiler is not available - using classic compiler
>     [javac] Compiling 290 source files to
> /nfs/team81/axk/cvs/cvs_biojava/biojava-live/ant-build/classes/main
>     [javac]
> /nfs/team81/axk/cvs/cvs_biojava/biojava-live/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/io/NameTokenization.java:54:
> The method org.biojava.bio.seq.io.TokenType getTokenType() declared in
> class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.NameTokenization cannot override the method
> of the same signature declared in interface
> org.biojava.bio.seq.io.SymbolTokenization.  They must have the same
> return type.
>     [javac]     public TokenType getTokenType() {
>     [javac]                      ^
>     [javac]
> /nfs/team81/axk/cvs/cvs_biojava/biojava-live/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/io/CharacterTokenization.java:53:
> The method org.biojava.bio.seq.io.TokenType getTokenType() declared in
> class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.CharacterTokenization cannot override the
> method of the same signature declared in interface
> org.biojava.bio.seq.io.SymbolTokenization.  They must have the same
> return type.
>     [javac]     public TokenType getTokenType() {
>     [javac]
>
> TokenType is an inner class declared in the SymbolTokenization
> interface.

Ouch -- this seems to be a classic Javac bug.  I'll look into
it.

In the mean time, SymbolTokenization, CharacterTokenization,
and NameTokenization are all parts of some experimental
code I've been working on.  They got checked in by accident.
Lots more checkins are needed before they actually mean
anything...  (I hope the whole lot will be ready in the
next few days, then I'll post a full announcement -- once
I've got it compiling with oldjavac ;-).  I've removed
them from CVS, and you can safely remove them from your
build tree.

  Thomas.