[Biojava-l] biojava build failed

Arnaud Kerhornou axk@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:56:48 +0100

Hi

I tried to compile biojava with ant and I've got this failure message :

ant package

Buildfile: build.xml

init:

prepare:

prepare-src:

compile:
    [javac] Modern compiler is not available - using classic compiler
    [javac] Compiling 290 source files to
/nfs/team81/axk/cvs/cvs_biojava/biojava-live/ant-build/classes/main
    [javac]
/nfs/team81/axk/cvs/cvs_biojava/biojava-live/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/io/NameTokenization.java:54:
The method org.biojava.bio.seq.io.TokenType getTokenType() declared in
class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.NameTokenization cannot override the method
of the same signature declared in interface
org.biojava.bio.seq.io.SymbolTokenization.  They must have the same
return type.
    [javac]     public TokenType getTokenType() {
    [javac]                      ^
    [javac]
/nfs/team81/axk/cvs/cvs_biojava/biojava-live/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/io/CharacterTokenization.java:53:
The method org.biojava.bio.seq.io.TokenType getTokenType() declared in
class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.CharacterTokenization cannot override the
method of the same signature declared in interface
org.biojava.bio.seq.io.SymbolTokenization.  They must have the same
return type.
    [javac]     public TokenType getTokenType() {
    [javac]

TokenType is an inner class declared in the SymbolTokenization
interface.

I tried with both DEC java122 and java130
Any idea ???

Arnaud

--
Arnaud Kerhornou

The Sanger Centre
The Pathogen Sequencing Unit
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK
Work: +44 (0) 1223 494955
Fax:  +44 (0) 1223 494919