[Biojava-l] problem running demos from the biojava-live dir ...

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:27:04 +0100

Hi. My development biojava copy is in C:\stuff\biojava\biojava-live on
my PC. I can find Alphabetmanager.xml here:

C:\stuff\biojava\biojava-live\resources\org\biojava\bio\symbol>ls
AlphabetManager.xml  AlphabetManager.xml~  CVS

To check if the resource is in the jar I type something like this:

C:\stuff\biojava\biojava-live\ant-build>jar -tf biojava.jar > out

C:\stuff\biojava\biojava-live\ant-build>grep AlphabetManager.xml out
org/biojava/bio/symbol/AlphabetManager.xml

To check the version of Java, I typed:

C:\>java -version
java version "1.4.0-beta"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-beta-b65)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-beta-b65, mixed mode)

What kind of output do you get when you do similar things?

Matthew