[Biojava-l] problem running demos from the biojava-live dir ...

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:50:52 +0100

Hi Sarath,

Weird. It sounds like alphabetmanager.xml can't be found within the
biojava.jar repository. To test this out, can you add the 'resources'
directory to the beginning of your classpath explicitly? If the program
works then Java is having trouble finding the file within the jar file.
Could you check that alphabetmanager.xml is in the same directory as
AlphabetManager.class in the jar?

I've occasionaly come up against strange resource resolution problems
(do you or don't you add a leading slash to the path-name?). Mabey it is
one of these.

Matthew

ps I've never seen a stack-trace quite like this. What Java are you running?