[Biojava-l] bioJAVA bug??

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:06:12 +0000

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 08:36:28AM +0100, christophe_pichon@eu.biomerieux.com wrote:

> StreamReader stream = new StreamReader(br,
>                                 new GenbankFormat(),
>                                 dnaParser,
>                                 fact);
>
> and i run the class with a genbank file that contains many entry, one of them
> have made an Exception :
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: org.biojava.bio.BioException: bad
> locator: order order(463..471,481..489)
>
> Personally, i think the genbank file have a problem of formatting with there
> repeat_region flag.

It's actually simpler than this -- the parser for the locations
(FeatureTableParser.java) didn't recognize the `order' keyword.

I've fixed this in the current CVS tree, so if you're using
that you'll be fine.  If you're using one of the 1.0x release
versions, that /won't/ work -- let me know if you're using
these, and I'll try to get a new release out ASAP.

Sorry about that...

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is
constantly making exciting discoveries.
                                       -- A. A. Milne