[Biojava-l] GenBank parser question

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:51:17 +0100

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your interest in BioJava. The problem with these REFERENCEs is a
fatal flaw in how both EMBL and Genbank parsers handle the header
information. They should be stooring a list of reference objects in the
annotation bundle, rather than stooring each reference directly under the
same key. This should be easy for you to fix - the code is open source, so
you can make any changes to it that you want to. If you do not have time to
sort it today, then I will try to make the fix over the weekend.

All the best,

Matthew