[Biojava-l] Re: Bioperl: Re: Bio::CorbaServer Updated

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 10 May 2000 09:42:22 -0400 (EDT)

I tried java server + perl client, AND perl server + java client yes it
does work. I only used the SeqDB demo that was available in the
biojava demos.  More tests to come later.

I will be trying out Brad Chapman's Biopython Corba client and server
today as well and see if everything can work together.

-Jason

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Matthew Pocock wrote:

> Do you know if the java server <-> perl client works? (or, for that matter, perl
> server <-> java client). Am I getting ahead of myself?
>
> Matthew
>
> Jason Stajich wrote:
>
> > Server code is ready to play for the most part.  I am trying to track down
> > the bug that
> > causes the server to crash in Python - see Brad's previous message - seems
> > to come from the is_a call but I haven't determined what the workaround is.
> > But you can definitely create a SeqDB and serve up Seqs.  Perl server <->
> > Perl client seems to be working fine for me.
> >
> > I am still working with the Bio::CorbaClient code but should be done with
> > the first iteration soon - probably this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
> >
> > I'd like to examine memory issues and the BioEnv in more detail as soon as I
> > get the Client code out.
> >
> > -Jason

Jason Stajich
Center for Human Genetics