[Biojava-l] biojava intallation

Imre Vastrik imre.vastrik@helsinki.fi
Wed, 10 May 2000 11:01:30 +0300

Dear all,

For a real java newby like me it would have saved a considerable amount
of time had there been somewhat more detailed README. The two extremely
useful truths that I happened to find out in the hard way were:

-run the buildall.sh script from biojava-live directory, i.e type:
./build/buildall.sh

-set the environmental variable CLASSPATH to
.:<path-to-biojava-live-dir>/xml.jar:<path-to-biojava-live-dir>/biojava.jar

then:
% cd demos/seq
% javac TestEmbl.java
% java TestEmbl AL121903.embl
AL121903 has 191 features
%

...and voila, the thing works! Maybe someone could include this in the
README to decrease the misery of people not fluent in java.

Rgds.,

imre

- Imre Vastrik, Ph.D., tel:+359-9-19126886 -
-    http://www.hi.helsinki.fi/bioinfo     -