[Biojava-l] 1.0 when?

Gerald Loeffler Gerald.Loeffler@vienna.at
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:46:57 +0200

Matthew Pocock wrote:
> Do you have a feature? It is too late for any architectural changes
> (like please could I have an object model for gene-networks). I will
> call a halt once the sequenceDB discussion has been resolved.

it's just the "old" interfaces for sequence similarity searches, which
in my understanding we agreed upon, but which i haven't checked in yet.

Another thing is an implementation of these interfaces: i once submitted
a half-working solution to the list, then simon submitted a
to-be-improved version of his SAX-based BLAST-parser - and i think we
agreed that we want an implementation of my interfaces that uses his
parser under the hood. This is however not done yet.

This all suggests to me that 1.0 will contain an object model for
sequence similarity searches (the interfaces) but no implementation for
that. Which is probably not useless...

	??,
	gerald