[Biojava-l] New package for databases

Gerald Loeffler Gerald.Loeffler@vienna.at
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:15:42 +0200

i opt for

	org.biojava.bio.seq.db

and i also would naturally take over the task of putting my
SequenceDBInstallation related work into this package.

In addition, i'd like to donate some of my utility classes (for design
by contract, equality and hashcodes) (which i do not want to miss when
coding for BioJava) to the existing package

	org.biojava.utils

Furthermore, i'd really be great if the stuff related to blast parsing
would make it into 1.0. I'm aware that there wasn't much response to my
proposed object model for sequence similarity searches, but it is still
my opinion that it pretty much models this area correctly. Furthermore,
it shields the user from the details on how the parsing is done (e.g.
directly or via simons wonderful idea of a SAX-based parser). Hence i
would like to introduce that into 1.0 as well - supposedly into a new
package named

	org.biojava.seq.search

Is this OK?

	cheers,