[Biojava-l] Java code ???

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:55:12 +0000

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 10:49:26AM +1300, Mark Schreiber wrote:

> I agree that open source is probably the best way to go. I also think it
> is essential that objects do not require graphical interfaces in anyway as
> this reduces their ability to be incorporated into another aplication of
> course it is always good to design objects that can readily have a GUI
> wrapped around them.

Certainly.  As I said previously, it's always a good idea
to keep data models and GUIs separate.  That said, it would
be great if we saw a good set of GUI beans for communicating
BioJava data -- so long as none of the core components end
up depending on these.

Probably worth reserving org.biojava.gui (and all subpackages)
for BioJava presentation beans.

``Science is magic that works''  -- Kurt Vonnegut.