[Biojava-l] Java code ???

Ann Loraine loraine@fruitfly.bdgp.berkeley.edu
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:54:46 -0800 (PST)

I also have been writing a lot of Java code - mostly for
Berkeley Drosopila Genome Project Web site.

The code I've written for BDGP uses a widget set from Neomorphic
Software, which I highly recommend by the way!  But I also
work there part-time so I'm a bit biased :-)

Which brings me to a question ... can/should we contribute code
that requires a third-party, non-open source library?

I think it would be fine to contribute the code I wrote at
BDGP to biojava.org - I just wonder if doing this would go
against the spirit of the project.

What do you think?

-Ann

--