[Biojava-l] Java code ???

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:15:48 +0000

Hi...

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 11:49:14AM -0800, Ann Loraine wrote:

> I just joined the biojava list.
>
> Is there a cvs repository on-line for this site?

There isn't a public CVS repository yet, to the best
of my knowledge (although it would certainly be nice
to have one set up).  There is, however, some code
that has been written: several people at the Sanger
Centre have been working on some BioJava objects,
with an eye towards scriptability.

Areas covered at the moment include:

  - Core bioinformatics interfaces and classes
    (e.g. Sequence)

  - Markov models and dynamic programming.

  - Object model for accessing ACeDB databases
    (requires the forthcoming ACeDB 4.8 server).

  - The beginnings of a statistics toolkit,
    including a Support Vector Machine implementation.

Most core components are now quite stable, and we're hoping
to have a release ready some time next month.

Is anyone else developing any code which could come under
the `BioJava' heading?

Thanks,

``Science is magic that works''  -- Kurt Vonnegut.