[Biojava-l] trouble building

Ann Loraine loraine@fruitfly.bdgp.berkeley.edu
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:31:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Thank you again to the organizers for setting up the cvs
repository!

Sorry to bug you, but I wonder if you could help me with a slight
problem:

I just checked out a fresh copy of the biojava code via cvs but
am having some problems building:

*snip*

Bio/EndOfStreamHelper.java:34: Class org.omg.CORBA.StructMember not found
in typ
e declaration.
       org.omg.CORBA.StructMember[] _members = null;
                    ^
Bio/EndOfStreamHelper.java:36: Class org.omg.CORBA.StructMember not found
in typ
e declaration.
               _members= new org.omg.CORBA.StructMember[0];
                                          ^
Bio/EndOfStreamHelper.java:37: Undefined variable, class, or package name:
org
             _tc = org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init().create_exception_tc(id(),
"EndOfStre
am", _members);

*snip*

javac is complaining because it can't find package org.omg - do I
need to download this separately?  (I can't find it in my checked
out biojava code.)

If it needs to be added to the repository, I hope you will put it in src
with all the other packages.  It may not be part of biojava proper (?) but
it will make everyone's life easier if ALL the src is in one place.

-Ann

--
 Ann E. Loraine
 loraine@fruitfly.berkeley.edu