[Biojava-l] Bootcamp

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:55:13 +0000

Hi.

Following the talk I gave on Friday, there seems to be some interest
from industry in a BioJava tutorial/boot-camp. I got the vibe from the
list that people here are keen. Would you like me to try to organize
something half-way between now and ISMB? The plan would be to spend the
1st half writing silly programs (reverse complement this sequence, fetch
that from a DB, align these two proteins) and getting hapy with the
APIs. The second half would be a full-on beer/piza/laptop orgy of
coding, documentation and design.

I am the worlds worst organizer, but I am willing to make sure that this
happens if people are keen. Any takers?

Matthew