[Biojava-l] Preparation for a 1.1 release?

Gerald Loeffler Gerald.Loeffler@vienna.at
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:01:47 +0100

Simon Brocklehurst wrote:
> [...]  I think it remains to be
> seen whether or not the NCBI DTD remains stable, or is subject to change
> without notice or reference to users in upcoming versions of Blast.

For instance: the NCBI DTD changed last week because it was found that the XML-output of psiblast was not legal XML -
and hence the DTD had to be adapted to be suitable for psiblast as well (iterations were introduced). As thankful as i
am to the NCBI for their fast fixes to these kinds of problems, it nevertheless shows that the NCBI DTD can not really
be considered stable at this point...(and how quickly and quietly incompatible changes are introduced).

	just my $0.02 (oh no, my keyboard has no euro-key!!!),
	gerald
--
   Gerald.Loeffler@vienna.at _________________ Software Architect
   http://www.imp.univie.ac.at ____ http://www.daemonstration.com

 "I am a lover of knowledge, and the men who dwell in the city are
  my teachers, and not the trees or the country."       - Socrates