[Biojava-l] ANT

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:21:46 +0000

Hi...

It looks like ANT is now flavour of the month.  Having had
a little play with it myself, I'm starting to see why --
quite impressive...

I've started updating the old buildfile (build/biojava.ant)
to match the ANT 1.2 release.  I've checked this in as
build.xml, so if you have ANT installed and on your path,
you can try it out just by typing:

  ant

Note that this isn't completely updated.  I've just concentrated
on getting it to build a working biojava.jar without any warnings --
probably more work to get the docs right.  Also, I'm not exactly
an ANT expert: anyone who is (Michael) please feel free to fix my
mistakes.

It's probably still worth keeping the old build system running
for a little while (until after the 1.1 branch is cut?), but
I'd be very happy to see the project go ANT-only in the not
too distant future.

Thomas.

PS.  For anyone who's scratching their heads, take a look
    at the ANT home page (http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html)
    and give it a try -- it's nice.
--
``If I was going to carry a large axe on my back to a diplomatic
function I think I'd want it glittery too.''