[Biojava-l] build error w/ JBuilder

Gerald Loeffler Gerald.Loeffler@vienna.at
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 21:06:51 +0200

Hi!

Strange: HEADER etc. are (private) static fields of the private
(non-static) inner class GenbankContext. I'm frankly not aware that
(non-static?) inner classes are not allowed to have static members - and
i just checked the Java Language Spec and it doesn't say anything on
this subject at all! Would be interesting to see what jikes says to this
usage of static fields in non-static inner classes - jikes is usually
very rigorous with respect to the Language Spec...

(It seems to me that GenbankContext could easily be a static inner class
if it's constructor were passed the featureBuilder field explicitly.
Maybe the problem then goes away... This is merely an implementation
change because fortunately GenbankContext is private.)

	cheers,
	gerald