[Biojava-dev] Genbank parser question

Philippe Soares Philippe.Soares at aptean.com
Wed May 31 16:58:09 UTC 2017

Hi,
I’m new to the list and just started using Biojava, and I have a few questions:
1/ Are pull requests welcome ?

2/ I tried to use the org.biojava.nbio.core.sequence.io.GenbankReader to parse a genbank file, and more specifically files from the gbpat division (patents). The patent information is encoded almost entirely in the COMMENTS field. This field seems to be parsed in the GenbankParser, but is never propagated back by the resulting sequence object.
Is this because nobody cares about the comments, or is it an omission that should be corrected?

Thank you !

Philippe