[Biojava-dev] Contributor License Agreement?

Brian Repko brian.repko at learnthinkcode.com
Fri Dec 9 14:05:40 UTC 2016

Hi Spencer and Michael,

My employer owns the copyright for anything that I do on their equipment
or during the workday.
They could own the copyright for those parts of BioJava.

However, they might be interested in not being the copyright holder
(which can open them up to
a lawsuit if I was to copy someone else's work blah blah blah). That
however (as I understand it)
is changing my employment agreement to allow for me to contribute to
BioJava as me in this case.

I've carved out exceptions to the "we own you" clause that in the past.
I can go that route.
I might reach out to another past BioJava contributor that worked at the
same place.

Thank you!

-brian