[Biojava-dev] next biojava release 4.1.0

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Wed Jun 17 05:14:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

It is time to start preparing the next biojava release (4.1.0 ) . We
already have 224 commits since the recent release.
https://github.com/biojava/biojava/compare/biojava-4.0.0...minor

I feel that our current branching structure (minor, major, master) is
confusing and there is very little difference between the branches. As some
of us have already discussed via skype, we should go back to the previous
standard of just having a master branch. That means the minor branch will
become the next release, and the major and master branch will get merged.

Is anybody working on anything urgent which should go in before the next
release? Otherwise I'd say let's have a code freeze next Tuesday and I'll
make the release next Wednesday 24th of June.

Andreas