[Biojava-dev] GSoC

Serdar Ozsezen serdar.ozsezen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:58:53 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I was wondering if anybody in the core developlers team would like to join
to Google Summer of Code this year (as a mentor).

I am currently a master student and I have a project that I want to
implement in BioJava. It involves normal mode analysis of proteins, in
particular Gaussian Network Model (you can find more information about that
in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_network_model). I would
like to write the code for the calculations and include some visualisation
parts as well. This might be a step towards protein dynamics analysis with
BioJava and I am really excited about it.

Maybe we can exchange ideas with community about what else can be added to
the project.

I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Best regards,

Serdar