[Biojava-dev] Biojava3 and BioSQL

Thiago Satake maruco at gmail.com
Thu May 31 03:16:26 UTC 2012

Hi Scooter,

I have worked with bioperl-db before and I have a good understanding about
that, but now I need to work with Java, it is my first time I am working on
biojava3 and I could not find any support to BioSQL.

Basically, I am going to create a web interface using JEE. My first task I
need to read GenBank, GFF and Fasta file and store the data into the BioSQL.

In order to maintain my JEE application easy to support/robust I am using
Spring and Hibernate. However, I could not find Hibernate or Spring support
in BioJava3 and I thought that it would not sound good for everyone,
because we need to have a good knowledge of external API.

If hibernate will help the application to be robust I believe that I need
to use Spring too.  Easy to maintain, but the architecture will be more
complex.

I can change my decision and use hibernate if everyone likes :-)

Thanks

Thiago Seito Satake

--
Thiago Seito Satake