[Biojava-dev] Biojava3 and BioSQL

Thiago Satake maruco at gmail.com
Thu May 31 02:18:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was wandering if I should use hibernate or not in my BioSQL module. In my
point of the view we should avoid a lot of dependency to make things easy
to set up. But I am not sure it would be good for everyone...

In this module I am thinking to create a data access object strategy
typically exchange data with clients using Transfer Objects, and also, I
believe we need to create DAOFactory to encapsulate multiple types of data
source ( Oracle, Mysql and Postgres).

I will expose read() and write() functions using an session façade which
will encapsulate reused biojava3 component an data access object.

Is everything making sense ? ;-)

Thanks

Thiago Seito Satake

Thiago Seito Satake