[Biojava-dev] biojava 3 progress

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:57:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

ISMB/BOSC is coming up rapidly and we should start to prepare for the annual
BioJava release. As such it would be a good moment to discuss the current
status of the various new BioJava 3 modules.

The biojava-structure, biojava-structure-gui modules are essentially ready
for release and I started to update the Cookbook with the latest features
http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook:PDB:align

Some of the re-factored modules based on biojava 1.7 could be released
anytime soon as well. The documentation just needs to be updated to explain
where the functionality can be found now (e.g. alignment module)

What about the new code that has been under development since the hackathon?
Is it getting release ready slowly? Any plans for documentation? What is
missing before we can make the first Biojava 3 release?

Andreas