[Biojava-dev] Biojava and biomanycores

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Wed Oct 21 21:20:10 UTC 2009

BioJava does have a facility for launching local processes - check out
this page:

    http://www.biojava.org/docs/api/org/biojava/utils/ExecRunner.html

All the BioJava code does is wrap Runtime in some nice programmer-
friendly cotton wool. The best bit is the part that kills the process
if it overruns a predetermined time limit (this has to be set
explicitly - by default there is no time limit).

cheers,
Richard