[Biojava-dev] Webservices

Scooter Willis HWillis at scripps.edu
Fri Jul 31 14:04:31 UTC 2009

Niall

I have the web services biojava implementation on my list of things to do! I have an upcoming project that doing Blast through web services to external sources and internal sources will make things easier. I like what axis2 is doing on making it easy to publish web services but using Netbeans as an example it is fairly painless to create a web service. Since we are mainly focused on consuming web services it would be nice to use the built in support of Java 6 to keep the external library count as low as possible which also helps avoid conflicts when an external application is using a different version of the same external library.

I think the main driving force as you mention is that much will depend on the provider of the web service as to what web services client library will be needed.

Thanks

Scooter