[Biojava-dev] Webservices

Niall Haslam niall at sgenomics.org
Thu Jul 30 16:32:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

I know it was brought up in the users list a month or two ago. But I wanted to
ask in the Dev list what the consensus is on creating a biojava module for
webservices clients. I am interested and have a little code to contribute. I
think it would consist of mainly example code in how to use the webservice.
And critically would not incorporate the stub code generated by axis. I would
also bump for axis2. I think this could have the benefit of making services
more standards compliant. But we'll probably have to do it on a case by case
basis.

I'd also like to know if there are people who are interested in using or
writing some of it as well.

Thanks and looking forward to your input,

Niall.