[Biojava-dev] BioJava 3 Begins - Volunteers please!

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Thu Oct 23 13:57:41 UTC 2008

>> Would it be better to commit this to trunk, and put the current codebase
>> out to pasture on a branch?

At the moment we have a number of unreleased bug fixes in
biojava-live/trunk . Also if somebody would start using BJ at the
present I would still recommend to use 1.6. As such I would say for
the moment let's leave it the way it is. Once we reach alpha stage we
could release a final biojava 1.7 and afterwards switch the branches
in svn.

About the commit messages sent to this list: can we make this a once
per day? I can also set something up as part of cruise control...

Andreas