[Biojava-dev] [Biojava-l] BioJava 3 Begins - Volunteers please!

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Tue Oct 21 10:18:40 UTC 2008

JAXB would follow the exact same Thing/ThingBuilder pattern, but with the
following subtle differences...

0. Your root data model object as generated by JAXB should be modified to
implement Thing, making it a JAXBThing.
1. JAXBReader (extends ThingReader) would open and read the file using JAXB
and directly construct JAXBThings.
2. JAXBReceiver (extends ThingReceiver) be a pass-through interface with
just one method, something like setJAXBThing() to pass in the already-parsed
JAXBThing directly.
3. Any converters would expand/deflate data from other formats to/from the
JAXBThing object directly.

Richard.

--
Richard Holland, BSc MBCS