[Biojava-dev] BioJava3 Use Cases

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Wed Jul 30 02:45:22 UTC 2008

Keiichiro Ono wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> Is support for network/graph model a part of BioJava 3?  I'm working
> on a project called Cytoscape:
>
> http://www.cytoscape.org/
>
> and we are re-designing internal graph model now for Cytoscape 3.
>
> http://www.cytoscape.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Cytoscape_3.0
> http://chianti.ucsd.edu/svn/csplugins/trunk/ucsd/mes/api/src/main/java/org/cytoscape/model/network/
>
> I'm curious because if BioJava supports data models for
> protein-protein interactions, I want to support it somehow.
>

> Also, we are trying to support technologies including scripting
> languages (http://www.cytoscape.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ScriptingPlugins),
> Spring Framework, pluggable rendering engine (like using Processing as
> Cytoscape's rendering engine), so if we can cooperate in some topics,
> it would be great.
>
> Thanks.
> Kei

Hello Kei,

I believe most of the Biojava devs are familiar with Cytoscape.  I welcome
cooperation with the Cytoscape project.

I should also mention, that as a dev and project admin of the newly
"opened" Piccolo2D project, an older version of which Cytoscape's current
rendering engine is based on, I welcome cooperation in that area as well.

http://piccolo2d.org

   michael