[Biojava-dev] Microarray code

David Huen smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Sun Feb 20 06:25:20 EST 2005

Dear colleagues,
I am now finalising a body of code that does microarray quantitation
with an algorithm of my own and  also a program that simulates microarray
images for pipeline validation.   As the code appears to work both on
simulated and real-world data, I would like to publish it and and make a
public alpha release soon.

I would like it to become part of Biojava but committed under another
hierarchy than org.biojava.* (I have my own stupidly snazzy name for it
but hey, that's half the fun of doing code :-).  It shares almost nothing
with the existing codebase.  It runs under Java 1.4 and uses JAI and some
Jakarta code and the backported Java 5 synchronisation library.  Parts of
it are also rather hacked to take data from our internal pipeline and will
probably need work to make it suitable for other pipelines but as I don't
know how others do this kind of thang, I would not even know where to
start on that.  It will probably not work out of the box for you but could
be beaten into shape in a week or two of hacking and scripting.

Could I have a decision on your willingness to host this codebase
post-publication?

Regards,
David Huen

-----

David Huen, Ph.D.              Email: smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Dept. of Genetics              Fax  : +44 1223 333992
University of Cambridge        Phone: +44 1223 766748/333982
Cambridge, CB2 3EH
U.K.