[Biojava-dev] BioSQL for oracle.

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Apr 17 16:54:24 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 02:44:43PM +0200, J?r?me Et?v? wrote:
> Hello all.
>  Is the Biojava/biosql flavour has ever been ported to oracle ?
>  If not, i'am working on it.
>  I am currently porting this DDL
> http://www.biojava.org/download/biosql/biosqldb-pg.sql
>  to oracle.

That schema is somewhat old -- it's basically the ``Cape Town''
version of BioSQL, which was agreed about a year ago, as supported
by versions of BioJava up to and including the 1.3 branch.  But
since then, there has been more work on the schema, led by
Hilmar Lapp.  You can see new versions of the DDL at:

   http://cvs.open-bio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biosql-schema/sql/?cvsroot=biosql

This version of the schema has already been ported to Oracle.
The BioJava CVS HEAD versions are moving towards supporting the
new schema, so unless you have a particular use for old-schema
Oracle support, I'd suggest you look at the latest versions.

    Thomas.