[Biojava-dev] (no subject)

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
21 Oct 2002 10:12:51 +0100

    Thomas> Actually, there are some suitable pre-written classes
    Thomas> already.  If you look in the `tests' tree of the source
    Thomas> distribution, you'll find DummySequenceDB and
    Thomas> DummySequenceDBInstallation, which do the job okay.

    Thomas> I was actually using these on Friday, and thought at the
    Thomas> time that they probably ought to be moved into the main
    Thomas> tree, in the absense of any easier way to get the
    Thomas> blast/ssbind stuff up and running.  Would anyone have any
    Thomas> objections to moving them across?

Move away, I say...

I was never quite sure what the intention was behind having to use
SequenceDBs, so I left things as I found them, although it's a right
pain in the ****. Is this a thing for Biojava 2 (given that it
involves interface changes) or more immediate, do you think?

cheers,

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj@sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -