[Biojava-dev] KMP matcher

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 00:25:58 +0100

Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I have written (almost, minor debugging to go) an implementation of the
> Knuth-Moore-Pratt algorithm for rapidly finding exact substrings in a
> String. Actually I've biojava'd it to find sub sequences in a sequence.
> Could be useful for the restriction enzyme search problem or finding the
> location of probes in large sequences.
>
> Anyhow my question is, in which package does it belong?
>
> - Mark

Presumably it will return some collection or stream of hits? This sounds
like it would match the search interfaces in org.biojava.bio.search, or
org.biojava.bio.program.ssaha.HitListener even. I don't realy have much
of an idea where to put it though - somewhere under org.biojava.bio I guess.

Matthew