[Biojava-dev] Re: [Biojava-l] Source code

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:58:57 +0100

(CCed to the list 'cause of the CVS command)

Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> OK just to sound like a total newbie, what would be the cvs command to
> get the 1.2 branch?
>
> Also, I still wouldn't be able to run the 1.4 tests till we upgrade our
> Compaq VM

Don't stress - the 1.2 branch should have no 1.4 code. The cvs
incantation is:

cvs -d :ext:username@biojava.org:/home/repository/biojava -z6 co -r
release-1_2-branch -d biojava-live_1.2 biojava-live

* The -d arg is needed because you are doing a fresh checkout.
* -z6 is there so that it doesn't take a million years
* co is short for checkout
* -r is the name of the tag/branch (defaults to HEAD)
* -d is the name of the directory to check out to - defaults to module name
* then the module name (biojava-live)

Good luck