[Open-bio-l] OpenID working again

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 18 13:20:46 UTC 2013

Sent that about 3 seconds too early…

Looks as if there are several additional switches that can be set (defaults to FALSE):

$wgOpenIDUseEmailAsNickname = true;
$wgOpenIDAllowExistingAccountSelection = false;
$wgOpenIDAllowNewAccountname = false;

Will RTFM on our installed version to confirm and see if I can dig those up.  The 1.18.x issue that seemed to be a blocker (OpenID pref panel) actually works for us, so I'm not sure an upgrade is needed yet.

chris