[Open-bio-l] OpenID working again

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 18 13:24:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Fields, Christopher J
<cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
> I believe if you leave the fields empty,

No, blocked with:

"Incorrect password entered. Please try again.

All users need a nickname; you can choose one from the options below."

> or if you fill it with a user name that doesn't exist,

No blocked, same message.

> it creates the account for you (the submit button is labeled 'Login/Create Account').
> A little non-intuitive, though. I ran into that on BioDAS last night but managed to
> muddle through, ended up with an account using my full name.  Can you try that?

If you fill in an unused username AND a desired password, then it seems
to work (not sure if you'd changed anything in the meantime though).
Certainly non-intuitive right now :(

> If that is the case, we probably need some additional text on the login page
> to clarify it (or we can maybe try updating the plugin).
>
> chris

If we can edit the prompt for clarity that should suffice (assuming that doing
any updates doesn't solve this more elegantly). :)

Thanks,

Peter