[Open-bio-l] Code fest 2010: thinking to '11

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Fri Jul 23 17:05:50 UTC 2010

On Jul 19, 2010, at 5:04 AM, Pjotr Prins wrote:

> Vienna is also nice (I hear), though maybe not as nice as Milano.

I think it is nicer. But I'm biased :-)

> But amongst ourselves, who knows people in Vienna? We only need a
> room with Internet, right?

Right. I know people at the IMP (http://www.imp.ac.at/) and another
center in the same building, and they might be able and willing to
organize something. I have not asked yet, though.

> Clifford (of RockLinux fame - though he may frown on our coding -
> http://www.clifford.at/frame.cgi?style.html and author of
> http://openscad.org/) is in Vienna.

What might actually be a really interesting and cool location is the
Metalab:
http://metalab.at/wiki/Info_Folder

(Click on "English Version" if you don't understand German)

I also know someone at the KLIVV, though I don't know how inclined
they'd be to entertain the idea of hosting us:
http://www.oeaw.ac.at/klivv/

Other cool locations:
IST: http://www.ist.ac.at (Nick Barton just moved there)
IIASA (International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis): http://www.iiasa.ac.at
  (They are in the Laxenburg Castle - *really* gorgeous place
actually: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/docs/IIASA_Tour.html?sb=6)

	-hilmar
: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :