[Open-bio-l] Codefest 2010: Final details

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Jul 2 13:38:22 UTC 2010

Hi all;
Codefest 2010 is finally here: next Wednesday and Thursday at
Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital in
beautiful Boston. All of the logistics, directions and details
are on the wiki page:

http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Codefest_2010

If you want the short version: show up at Harvard Medical School on
Wednesday at 10am and we'll take care of the rest. Thanks to the
hard work of Oliver, Kimberly, Leah, Toshiaki, and Mitsuteru we'll
have coffee, lunches and internet. Thanks to Steffen and Ntino,
we'll have Amazon credits to utilize. And of course, there will be
BBQ and drinking on Thursday night when we are finished.

I'm looking forward to a fun and productive time. The general plan
will be to spend a bit of time on Wednesday morning organizing
ourselves into like minded groups of folks, and then commence with
coding and collaborating.

If you aren't able to make it and you're listed on the wiki page under
participants, please do cross your name off so we have a good idea of
final numbers. Likewise, if you are coming but haven't put your name up
there please add it.

If you are interested in helping with making software and data
available on shared cloud resources, here are the latest Amazon
AMIs, snapshots, and the code base:

Cloud BioLinux images:
64bit: ami-d62cc4bf
32bit: ami-5423cb3d

An EBS public snapshot with indexed genomes:
snap-67446d0f

Infrastructure:
http://github.com/chapmanb/bcbb/tree/master/ec2/biolinux/

Send an e-mail with any questions, thoughts or concerns. My phone
number is 617-447-8586 in case you end up hopelessly lost somewhere
in Boston and are desperate to begin programming.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next Wednesday,
Brad