[Open-bio-l] volunteering for openbio

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:42:19 +0100

Hi.

The other wish-list item (from our point of view) is the possibility to
view multiple "versions" of parts of the web site. This is important for
tutorials and documentation and stuff. We should realy have had all of
this under CVS and tagged across repositories - such is the wisdom of
hindsight. Something functionaly equivalent to
biojava.org/branch-tag/our-sight-rooted-here with biojava.org refering
to latest stable or HEAD.

Is this sort of thing possible? As always, documentation and the web
site seem to get pushed to the bottom of the list of things to do.

Matthew

ps does anybody have any experience with subversion? It at least has
webdav access so that we could have the 'we exist' web sites, docs,
tutorials, releases stuff all being controled centrally with apropreate
accounts, but last time I played with it things weren't quite there yet.