[Open-bio-l] volunteering for openbio

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:57:39 -0700

> Well - almost certainly I think it is the web site that
> sounds the best
> place to start for you - What I would do is poke around the
> web sites and
> then propose a system which has to
>
>   (a) let the different sites have control of content sensibly
>
>   (b) has some commonish look and feel
>
>   (c) perhaps lets News items be centrally managed so people
> in BioPerl
> see BioJava annoucements and stuff.
>

> What do other people think?

I agree. Lots of developers will hug you if you get the website right (which basically means up-to-date news, announcements, and docs -- if any of these is outdated it leads to unfavorable results with people who actually trust websites presenting the latest stuff; I've had several discussions already about why bioperl has a 1.0 release if the news says 0.7).

	-hilmar