[Open-bio-l] Re: scripts to populate the biosql db??

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:46:44 -0400 (EDT)

The map db project has sort of floundered for now - There is a new schema
that has been proposed and the current Bio::DB::Map modules don't really
work with it yet.  So all those scripts that refer to marker are for a
'different' project - that is the markerdb project.

The scripts Chris is referring to are load_seqdatabase.pl and
bioentry2flat.pl

As to why the site is down - no idea - it is a bit old dataset - a little
digging and it appears that the new site is
http://www-genome.wi.mit.edu/ftp/pub/human_STS_releases/may97/rhmap/
so I'll push those changes in.

I hope to try and spend some time this summer on these codes to try and
bring things back in line, but since I am currently not dealing with
marker data in my own research it is a low priority.  If other people are
interested I am happy to help get you started.

-j

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University