[Open-bio-l] scripts to populate the biosql db??

Chris Mungall cjm@bdgp.lbl.gov
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:59:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Brian Gilman wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> 	Has anyone (Chris M??) written any scripts to populate the biosql
> db? If so where are they?

they're in the bioperl-db cvs repository

the scripts work with both mysql and pg, but I had to put in a hack for
the pg adapter that is kind of braindead and makes it load really slowly.
Until I get round to fixing it, you're probably best using the biojava
loader for pg.

If you don't mind the speed, I think this will work for getting the code:

cvs -d :pserver:cvs@cvs.bioperl.org:/home/repository/bioperl login

[enter CVS as passwork]

then do

cvs -d :pserver:cvs@cvs.bioperl.org:/home/repository/bioperl co bioperl-db