[MOBY-l] Multiple Centrals on Same server

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Mon Feb 12 03:40:17 UTC 2007

Hi Karthik!

Actually, I didn't express myself clearly.  Running multiple MOBY Centrals
on the same machine is fine - I know from personal experience that I can
run up to three instances on the same server.  It is the CLIENT libraries
that I am not sure about.  I have never tried "in the real world" to use
the Perl client libraries to talk to more than one instance of MOBY at the
same time.  I wrote them such that they SHOULD be able to do this, but I
have never thoroughly tested this functionality, so I am not certain that
it will work for you.

I can assure you, however, that running multiple instances of teh registry
on the same machine in different instances of Apache works just fine :-)