[MOBY-l] Publication opportunity for Mobyers, especially TIGR workshop participants

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Tue Aug 21 09:23:24 UTC 2007

On 20-Aug-2007, at 10:50 PM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:27:29 -0700, Town, Christopher D.
> <cdtown at jcvi.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure that what we've done so far really qualifies as
>> "sematic",
>
> I think it does.  The term "semantic" is not limited to "official"
> semantic web technologies...

I agree! More importantly BioMOBY actually works as in today not
tomorrow. Surely there is more advanced semantic web technology out
there alreay, but so far I haven't seen that picked up by such a
large community of bioinformaticians providing a few hundred services.

But unfortunately it appears to be a closed source journal. At least
I don't see the 2 magical words "open" and "access" mentioned
anywhere on their site. Bummer :(.

Pi

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034

Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen